Inchtavannach Island - Loch Lomond
"The Monk's Island"
This long wooded island rises steeply at its northern end to a rocky summit, which provides splendid views. A large house has stood on the site of an old monastery since 1760 and the present owners keep all types of livestock, as well as several horses.
Bandry bay separates the island from the mainland, just south of Luss. It is thought that St Kessog was killed here.
The peak of Inchtavannach is called "Tom na Clag" - Hill of the Bell, it is here that the monks rang the bell to the call of prayer.